Sonia King, mosaic artist, creates contemporary art mosaics for gallery, architectural, community and home settings. Her award-winning mosaic art is exhibited both nationally and internationally and is represented in private, public and corporate collections.
"Mosaic is hard. Art is harder." - Sonia King
"Sonia King has searched out gentle terrains within the natural world in order to provide us with intimate views of our environment. Her earth-toned mosaics are abstract landscapes that are both familiar and complex."
- JoAnn Locktov, Author, The Art of Mosaic Design
"The extraordinary thing about Sonia King's work is her ability to create homogeny without sacrificing the individuality of her materials. Each segment is uniquely alluring, but when assembled together becomes an engaging masterpiece." - American Lifestyle Magazine
"King creates whole new worlds and galaxies that are exquisitely crafted and almost magnetic for the viewer." - Mosaic Art NOW
NEWS ABOUT SONIA KING MOSAIC ARTIST
• Depthfinder has been acquired by the Museo d'Arte della Città di Ravenna (MAR). It's the first mosaic by an American to be included in the MAR's permanent collection of contemporary mosaic art.
• Read the article on Mosaic Art Now looking at key turning points in my mosaic career.
• Read the Dallas Morning News feature on the Aquasphere project and the recent acquisition by the Museum of Art of Ravenna, Italy.
• Check out the In Progress images of the new mosaic wall, Aquasphere, for the Cancer and Blood Disorders floor at Children's Medical Center of Dallas
• Coded Message: Invisible Ink was one of 46 works selected for exhibition in 'Mosaic Arts International 2013' at The Museum of Glass, Tacoma, WA. January 26 – May 5, 2013.
• There are a few spaces left in one of Sonia's workshops at beautiful West Dean College in the south of England this summer. The workshop on the Greek island of Paros is full.
• Coded Message: Invisible Ink II was on view at "Prix Picassiette" in Chartres, France while Coded Message: Note in Invisible Ink was on exhibition at “International Contemporary Mosaic Art Convergence – Top Artists from Around the World Exhibit in Clauiano, Italy.”
• Mosaic Art NOW featured Sonia and a video interview in their series "Why Mosaic?"
• Sonia was featured in "Art Goes To Pieces", an article in CA Modern Magazine, looking at Mid-Century mosaics and their connections to contemporary mosaic art.
For daily items of interest for mosaic lovers, join 7,000 other fans and 'like' the Sonia King Mosaics page on Facebook. You can join Sonia on her mosaic journey!
Site updated 19 May 2013